Last night was the opening of Winter Wonderland. For the tenth year in a row – am I the only one who really genuinely thought WW was a relatively new thing?
Naturally, since I am a Christmas wierdo, I’ve had this in my diary since approximately end of summer. Unbelievably (or perhaps inevitably, I suppose, since I am horrible at time-keeping), I still managed to be late. Santa was still propping up the red carpet though, so all was not lost.
Here’s why you should a million percent go this year..
- The (frankly massive) Bavarian Village has live music to entertain while you gorge on roast chesnuts, mulled wine and bratvurst.
- Bar Ice. Sort of like the Ice Bar and Ice Hotel – everything (including your glass) is made from ice.
- Rides. The scary ones aren’t my thing, but there are some particularly festive ones that’re pretty cute. Like the spinning penguins. How divine.
- You can meet actual Santa in actual Santa Land. Which is actually amazing.
- There’s a second chance to watch Nutcracker On Ice if you missed it at the Royal Albert Hall.
- The big top (Zippos Christmas Circus) is heated. I checked. These things are important.
I was feeling super festive, so wore an amazing starry jumpsuit by Joanie, plus a load of faux fur & shearling – my cute-as-hell clutch is by Hayley Menzies and is just so fluffy.
As for make-up, I’ve been using Aveda Tinted Moisturiser, and I love it. It’s so dewy and fresh, and keeps your skin looking like your skin. If that makes any sense whatsoever… Then on my lips I used Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Tint, which is perfect for hanging around in the cold because it hydrates and nourishes as well as colouring. I had LVL Lashes done recently at Blush & Blow, so I didn’t need much eye make-up. I contoured my cheeks and eye socket with Nude By Nature (super subtle pigments – the best I’ve found for the job yet), then used a light coat of THE MOST AMAZING waterproof mascara (tears of joy were a possibility) called Fairy Drops. It’s a cult Japanese brands, and I think the only place you can get it is BeautyMART.